Double Acting Pneumatic Actuator,
Wide Range of Sizes Available
Pneumatic Actuator Features and Benefits
- Position indicator – provides external indication of valve position Foolproof location pin for correct assembly
- Compact fail-safe size as per double-acting – minimises space requirements
- Blow-out proof pinion eliminates risk of pinion ejection, even after pinion retaining ring is removed
- Adjustable limit stops for accurate rotation (See page 5) Unique unrestricted air flow through support rods gives fast operation speeds as standard – and also provides greater safety (centre chamber cannot be pressurised with end cap removed)
- Multi-spring concept – provides variable torque/air pressure requirements from the same actuator by changing spring quantity
- Long screws – to allow complete release of spring energy for safe removal of end caps when maintaining / reconfiguring springs without the need for special tooling
- Namur VDI/VDE 3845 top mounting pattern – for easy fitting and interchangeability of switches, positioners, etc
- Anodised aluminium construction – for anti-corrosion and superior wear performance on internal surfaces plus stainless steel fasteners and corrosion-protected springs
- One piece steel pinion drive with full width piston tooth engagement – for greater operational life
- Multi-spring fail-safe concept ensures actuator operation in the unlikely event of spring fracture (spring return models)
- Polished support rods retain fire-safe capability
- Namur VDI/VDE 3845 end-cap solenoid mounting pattern – facilitates interchangeability of solenoids or direct port connections.
- Balanced double rack and pinion provides a linear torque curve with a large range of sizes for efficient torque matching
- Mounting to the ISO 5211 pattern and DIN 3337 female star drive provides common actuator to valve attachment
Since the mid-Sixties the Norbro name is recognized as the leading quarter turn actuator for industry. As proof of this, Norbro pneumatic actuators can be found in a range of applications as diverse as the petrochemical industry, food and beverage, steel production, pharmaceuticals, plastics manufacturing and oil and gas.
Norbro was the first manufacturer to utilize support rods within the actuator. Any side loads generated by the pistons are transmitted through bearings in the end cap and not through the body. The bore of the body is only used as a sealing surface and not the bearing surface, increasing the life of the actuator. This feature distinguishes the Norbro actuator from the standard rack and pinion design providing reliability, long life and high performance.
The Norbro design also focuses on operational safety, ease of maintenance and a modular design concept which allows simple attachment of a variety of ancillaries to match customer requirements. All of these factors add up to providing you with the finest pneumatic actuator available today.
Pneumatic Actuator Operating Principle
The Norbro 40R pneumatic actuator is based on the opposed double rack and pinion principle but utilises unique support rods to transfer air between the chambers of the actuator and minimise friction and wear between pistons and body bore
Buy now or contact us for a quote